NASKAH BAHASA INGGRIS PUPPET- The Jungle Book

The Jungle Book

One very warm evening in Seeonee Hills in Southern India, there lived a pack of wolves.
They want to find a bunch of foods but suddenly there’s a tiger named Shere Khan came to their
territory, searching for a man cub.

Father wolf : “it’s a man. A man’s cub. Look!”

Mother wolf : “is that a man’s cub? I’ve never seen one. Bring it here.”

Father wolf : “look at him. He’s not afraid and he’s taking his meal with other”

Suddenly it was dark and Shere Khan was pushing his great head.

Father wolf : “we are pleased that visit, Shere Khan. What do you need?”

Shere Khan : “I’m hunting a man’s cub. It’s father & mother have run away. Give it to me.”

Father wolf : “the man’s cub belongs to us. The other wolves and I will decide, if we want to
kill him, we’ll kill him. Not you.”

Shere Khan : “the man’s cub belongs to me! It’s I, Shere Khan who speaks! “ *roarrrrr*

Mother wolf : “no! the man’s cub belongs to me! We’ll not to kill him. To be my son. Now go
away, fish killer, eaters of cubs! Go!”

Shere Khan went. “but I will have this man-cub one day. You thieves!”

Father wolf : “do you really wat to keep him, mama?”

Mother wolf : “yes. I’ll keep him and I’ll call him Mowgli, the frog.”

When the four wolf cubs could run a little, Father Wolf took them and Mowgli and
Mother Wolf to meeting rock. The Leader of pack was Akela, a great grey wolf. Each wolf-cub
came to stand in front of him.

Akela : “look well, O Wolves. Look well”

There’s only one other animal who can come to these wolf meetings- Baloo, the
sleepy brown bear. His job to teach the law of the jungle to the wolf-cubes.

Baloo : “I speak for the man-cub. Let him run with the pack. I myself will teach him”

Akela : “we need another animal jumped down into the circle. It was Bagheera the Panther. Black as the night, clever, strong, and dangerous”

Bagheera : “O Akela, will you let me speak? The law of jungle says it’s possible to buy the life of the cub. It’s bad to kill a man-cub. He cannot hurt you.”

Akela : “it’s good. Men are clever perhaps this man will help us when he’s older. Take him away and teach him well”

Baloo the old brown bear, loved teaching Mowgli. He thought him many important things.

Baloo : “say the words for the Hunting people!”

Mowgli : “We are of one blood. You and I”

Baloo : “good. Oneday you’ll thank me for my lesson. No animal can hurt you. You
don’t need to be afraid”

Mowgli : “and I shall have my people and go with them high up in the trees”

Baloo : “what did you say, Mowgli? Have you been with the Bandar log, the monkey-
people?”

Mowgli : “I went away then grey monkeys came down from the trees and talk to me they
were kind and give me nice things to eat. They said that I was their brother and
they wanted me to be their leader one day. Why have you never told me about the
monkey people? Bad old Baloo! I will play with them again.”

Baloo : “listen, I have though you the law for all the jungle people but not for the
monkey people. They have no law. Their ways are not our ways they are noisy
and dirty. The rest of the jungle people don’t talk to them remember what I tell
you!”

Mowgli listened and was sorry. But all this time, the monkey were above them in
the trees, listening and watching. They followed mowgli and his friends through the jungle.

Mowgli : “I’ll never talk or play with the monkeys again.”
Soon as mowgli woke up, he’re already on top of the tree, there were hands holding him,
hard, strong little hands. Down below, baloo was shouting angrily while bagheera trying to
climb up the tree to save mowgli but he couldn’t climb up the tree because bagheera is too
heavy. The monkeys were laughing, still carried mowgli with them. Fortunately, mowgli saw
Chil the kite.

Mowgli : we are of one blood, you and i!

Chil: who are you?

Mowgli : mowgli the man cub! watch they take me then tell baloo and bagheera.

chil: i will.

Baloo and Bagheera couldn't follow them. So they started to think. They know the
monkeys are afraid of kaa the Phyton, then they were looking for phyton and found him lying in
the sun.

kaa: what news?

baloo: we are looking for foods.

kaa: let me come with you. i haven’t eaten for days.

Baloo and bagheera explained about the monkeys who stole their man cub and called kaa
with bad name. kaa was angry and he decided to help baloo and bagheera.

kaa: i will teach them not to call me bad names and where did they take your man cub? he must
be tired and that is bad for him.
Suddenly, chil came up with his message from mowgli.

chil: i’ve seen man cub with the bandar-log, they’ve taken him to the monkey city, the lost city.
bagheera: we must leave at once. it's a long way.

baloo: you and kaa can go first, and i’ll follow you.
Now Mowgli was in The Lost City. The Monkey peoole were very pleased with themselves.

Monkey: this boy can help us. He can teach us how to make things because men are ckever with their
hands.

Mowgli knew he was in a bad place. He will run away when the clouds coming over the moon, and when
it’s dark.

Bangheera and Kaa were also watching that cloud. There were only two of them and there were
hundred of monkeys.

Bangheera: when the clouds hide the moon I will attcak them.

Kaa: I will go to the higher ground at the west wall and come down the hill very fast.

The black panther run quickly and to the crowds of minkeys and started hitting as hard as he could. The
monkeys screamed angrily but then one of them shouted.

Monkeys: there is olny one here kil him!!! Kill!!!

The Monkkeys jumped bangheera bitting and puliing. And then Mowgli fell down into a dark room
because monkey pulled him up and pushed him. And then Mowgli heard hissing sounds came from Kaa.

Mowgli: we are one of blood, you and I

Kaa: sssss.... I will not bite you little brother stand still because you feet will hurt me.

Mowgli: Okay.

Mowgli watched Bangheera fight and he tell him to go to the tang and get in the water.

And then there was Kaa came down the hill hungry and wanting to kill.he went silently to the crowd of
monkeys and around Baloo. All Monkeys are afraid of Kaa.

Monkeys:It’s Kaa! Run!run!

The monkeys suddenly silent. And bangheera pull out of the tang.

Bangheera: get the men-cub up and let us go, I can fight anymore

Kaa: they will not move until I tell them to move.

Baloo: “we must thank you, kaa. We couldn’t do it without you”

Kaa : “I’m happy to help. Now go with your friends the moon is going down. You must no see what
will happen here next.”

Bagheera, Baloo, and Mowgli went away into the jungle. Baloo was happy that mowgli was safe and with
them again, but he couldn’t speak against the law.

Mowgli : “it’s right to punish me, I did wrong .”

Bagheera : “now jump on my back little brother and we will go home.”
One of the good things about jungle law is that, after you punished the matter is finished.
All the jungle people were mowgli’s friends but not Sher Khan, of course.

Mama wolf :” one day you must kill shere khan, if you don’t kill him he will kill you.”

Bagheera : “look at me!”

Mowgli look at bagheera hard between the eyes,

Bagheera :”that is why not even I can look in your eyes. That’s why they want to kill you. You are clever
you are a man.”

Mowgli :”I didn’t know these things.”

Bagheera :”now listen. The day will soon come when akela can’t kill his deer in the hunt. Then at the next
meeting of the pack younger wolves will be against akela and against you. When that time comes, go to
the man’s houses in the village and take some of their red flower. That will be a stronger friend to you
than I or Baloo.”

(Ganti latar )

Bageera :”lttle brother, you must go bcs the jungle is closed to you now”

Mowgli :”yes I will go to man but first I must say goodbye to my mom”

Mowgli went to the cave and cried on mother wolf

Mowgli :” you will not forget me”

Mama wolf :”never, come to the food of the hill when you are a man and we will talk with you”

Mowgli :” I will surely come and I will bring the coat of Shere Khan and put in on the meeting rock.”

And in the morning mowgli went down the hill alone to meet those strange things that are called man.

Mowgli knew that he had enemies now and he went far away. He ran until he came to a village in a place
with many rocks and narrow valleys. He sat down by the gate when a man came out of the village mowgli
open his mouth to show that he wanted food. The man ran back into the village and came back with a
hundred other people.

Villager :”look! Those are the bite marcks of wolf. He is a wolf child who has run away from the jungle”

Villager 2: “he is a good lookin boy. Messua, he looks like your little boy.”

Messua :” let me look. Yes he’s thin but he looks like my son”

Villager :”take him to your house messua.”

Messua took mowgli to her house and give him milk and bread. This was mowgli first time in a
house and he didn’t like it. It felt like prison. That first evening he learn many words from Messua.
But that night he didn’t want to sleep inside the house so he climb the window and went to sleep in a field
near the village. Before he went to sleep, his grey brother touched his face.
Grey brother :”wake little brother, I bring news. Shere Khan has gone away but when he comes back he
will kill you”

Mowgli :” I remember also what I said about shere khan. Thanks for the good news”

For 3 months, mowgli learn how to be like a man. He had wear clothes, leayrn how to use money
and how to work in the field. In the evenings when buldeo the village hunter told a story about a tiger
mowgli had to hide his face bcs he was laughing.

Mowgli :”bulddeo stories are stupid, he knows nothing about the jungle”

One day he saw grey brother under a tree near the jungle.

Grey brother :”shere khan has come back but he’s hiding for a while then he’s coming to kill you”

Mowgli :”very good. Tell me when he comes. Meet me at the river. I will watch for you there everyday.”

Then at last the day came when grey brother was waiting for him.
Grey brother : “shere khan has waited for a month and is hoping that you have now forgotten about him.
He’s going to wait for you at the village gate this evening. But now he’s hiding in the big dry rafine of the
waingunga.”

Mowgli :”has shere khan eaten today or does he hunt empty?”

Grey brother :”he killed and ate this morning and he has drunk too”

Mowgli :”how stupid he is!!! Does he think that I shall wait until he has slept? I can take the buffaloes
round to the top and chase shere khan down to the rafine. I need a big group of cows at the bottom end of
rafine to stop him escaping. Then we will catch him between the buffaloes and cows.”

Grey brother :” but I need someone to help me. I will call Akela.”

The three of them went to meet shere khan. Shere khan heard the noise and woke up, he began to
run down the ravine. No tiger can hope to stand against a herd of buffaloes when they are moving fast. He
fell under the feet of buffaloes. The buffaloes didn’t stop until they get the cows. Shere khan was finally
die.

Mowgli :”it is done. Shere khan is dead”

Mowgli took his knife and started to cut the coat from shere khan body. Buldeo suddenly came up
and asked for the coat and the money that mowgli has. Mowgli spoke to akela to standing over buldeo
when buldeo lied on his back.

Mowgli :” I have killed the tiger. Don’t you afraid of me?”

Buldeo :” I’m an old man I thought you were just a herd boy. Let me go now, I will go away”

When mowgli came back to the village there was a crowd of people waiting for him at the gate,
telling him to go away, or they will kill him.
At the end mowgli left the village with the wolves and came back to the jungle. Live happily with his
jungle family.

- T H E E N D -

Komentar